Why use a tour guide in Durban

 

I have never thought to ask that question. However if you arrive in Durban and have a rough idea of what you want to do, how are you going to go about it?

I recently  ran a private safari with a couple and they gave some answers to the question I didn't ask.

I made a comment about a vehicle being so low.  Too low for decent game viewing. We sat on the side of the road watching some lion cubs soaking up the sun. A vehicle pulled up next to us and asked what we were watching.  "There are some lions sleeping next to that bush over there " I told them. "Oh no! We can't see them the bushes are too high". Came the reply.

Now they did not have a qualified experienced  tour guide to tell them that they needed a different vehicle.

We moved on and I caught something out the corner of my eye. "Ooh" I said " that's beautiful ".

I reversed  the car and went down a short dirt track. There in front if us was a water hole. It was small but almost completely taken up by two Rhinos.  A Rhino cow and her year old calf. Just lazing lying in the mud. 

"How did you see that?"  My guest asked. I just smiled and said "I was lucky."

I do know that I knew that hole was there and although hidden behind bushes I could see if anything was visiting.

This continued through the day with some really  exceptional sightings and some fantastic photo opportunities. 

Around the fire that night my guest told me they were so glad they had chosen a tour guide. "Hiring a car is a hassle. Then finding our own way there and getting lost would be an adventure, but in the limited time we  had it so much better this way. And you have the right vehicle" he said. She added. "I don't know how you see those animals?  We would never have seen so much!"

So there we have it . Compliments are always nice but even more so  when they are true.

Don't take my word for it.  Try www.paulksafaris.com.  

I'm qualified, experienced  and passionate about sharing South African beauty  and all the animals we have.

Info@paulksafaris.com 

www.paulksafaris.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday experiences to offer from Durban

what to expect from Durban with Paul k Safaris

where to Safari from Durban South Africa. www.paulksafaris.com